Monday, April 14, 2014

Popcorn and Beer!

Ok this post is a little late. But it has been a BUSY weekend!  I've been home all of 24 hours right now as I type this.

So what do we do on a monday to relax after a weekend of running around like chickens with our heads cut off? Why, popcorn and beer.

Oooooohhhh..... how.... ordinary. Whatever. I don't do that in the microwave fake butter stuff.
I do mine over the stove. With real oil! So bite me. It's fabulous. And since we support our local farmers, I made it with rainbow kernels. That just means the corn is multi colored, sadly the popcorn is all white. If someone knows how to make it also turn out colorful please call me.

So How Do You Make This?

Take a nice sized quart pot with lid. Put maybe 1-2 tbsp of peanut oil down. You want that so you can get the heat up. Now at this point you can leave it at the peanut oil, OR add 1 tbsp butter, OR add 1 tbsp olive oil. I typically go olive oil. I like to think its healthier and it just adds a nice level of flavor.

Stick that on high heat and pour in 2-3 tbsp of kernels and slap that lid on. Let them sit on high heat until you hear the first kernel pop. Once that happens start shaking the CRAP out of that pot on the heat until you don't hear the kernels popping anymore. Or the lid pops off, whichever comes first.

Place that in a bowl quickly and immediately sprinkle with salt (and if you want some melted butter). Make sure you shake the bowl as you add toppings to make sure its well spread. Now EAT!

You can add other toppings such as cheese, old bay seasoning, sugar... the list is endless.  Oh and uh yeah, crack open a bottle of beer (preferably craft beer from your local brewery) and enjoy the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment